Friday, October 26, 2007

Before/During/After


Before....


The day is finally here that we head south in order for the guys to start pedalling north! Darrell has been swamped at work this month and has only had time to get on his bike twice, but I know the Lord will sustain the training he has done and make his body fresh and new for this journey!

Some of you may know that they are "biking for bikes" to send to Sri Lanka. Bread for a Hungry World printed an incredible brochure that tells about the ride and the village that will benefit from this ride. (I will make a post about how to donate if you are interested in doing so.)

Well....my husband had been talkin' smack for some time about how he was going to shave his head Thurs. before the ride. I kept trying to change his mind and convince him that he would look better with hair. The day came and almost went when I saw Darrell appear with buzzers in hand and headed out the backdoor!

Here are the results:


During.....


After......
I still think he is the cutest thing ever! Anytime that you think about a bike, Darrell, our family, or anything that is related to us, please send up a prayer for protection and strength as these guys pedal themselves across the state of TEXAS!!!

6 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

I like the new do! We have been praying for all those guys as we anticipate this journey!

I will be checking in regularly! Sure love you my friend!

BJB

Kelly Vaughn said...

i am so excited! You have our prayers and we can't to hear every detail thatyou can share!
Love you all~

Kelly

Kelly Vaughn said...

The previous comment was meant to say...We can't wait to hear every detail that you are willing to share!! Go Darrell!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it. The slick head will go great with the "slicky" pants.

We will be checking in often for updates and of course praying for the riders and the great support crew.

Kristi Muller

Kendra said...

Go Darrell!!! He will fly so much faster with all that hair bogging him down . .I'm just certain of it!! Praying for all the guys and for their family's as well!! Love you
k

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Very exciting. Maybe I can check him and the others on the road when they get closer to town! It's a great cause!