Thursday, January 03, 2008

Glory Days


After Thanksgiving and before the holidays got crazy, I had the opportunity to spend some time with the Lord and four other friends who have drawn me closer to the Lord. We went to a beautiful cabin in the Oklahoma woods and we were able to laugh and cry together. We shared some wonderful praise time as well as communion together. We ate a few meals and a few hikes together, but I have to say my favorite time was the time I spent all day on Saturday alone with my Maker. This day was for us to fast, be silent, and be with the Lord. To be real honest, I wasn't looking forward to this day and made sure I had plenty of things to do to pass the time. As it turned out, I didn't need any of those things and the time I spent reading my Bible and walking with God made the day fly by. Thank you KC for following your prompts and getting this weekend together for us!

No comments: